DDS, MSc, Dip. Perio, FRCD(C)
Dr. Tassos Irinakis is a Board Certified Specialist in Periodontics and one of the current leaders in comprehensive implant patient care and implant education for dental professionals. He was the Director of Graduate Periodontics & Implant Surgery at the University of British Columbia (UBC) for nearly a decade.
He is currently a member of the faculty of dentistry at UBC as an Associate Clinical Professor.
In addition, he has served as International Faculty for the prestigious “PAADI” Dental Institute in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, where we lectured graduate residents on advanced surgery techniques and treated VIP patients of the Kingdom.
Dr. Irinakis is the founder of multiple Study Clubs and Dental Educational Institutes, including:
- I.D.E.A.S. Institute for Dental Education & Advanced Surgeries a hands on institute that taught for many years patient based and cadaver based hands on programs
- The exclusive “Vancouver Study Club” (members can join by invitation only)
- The Vancouver Implant Study Club, an implant centred study group.
His research on bone grafting, sinus surgery and implant dentistry has been published via several articles in peer reviewed journals all over the globe.
Dr. Irinakis has been honored twice by the American Academy of Periodontology:
- 2005 Educator Award for Outsdanding Mentoring & Teaching in Periodontics
- 2010 Educator Award for Excellence in Teaching and Mentoring in the Field of Periodontics
He serves the American Academy as a reviewer of the prestigious Journal of Periodontology. Furthermore, he is a member of the editorial board for the Journal of Implant & Advanced Clinical Dentistry and a reviewer for the Oral Surgery Journal along with multiple other peer reviewed publications.
Dr. Tassos Irinakis lectures actively in study clubs, conferences and hands-on courses for dental professionals, nationally and internationally. He practices in his specialty clinics in Vancouver & Courtenay, BC.